05/10/2021 Update - Confirmation of Finals Night details
Where - Riverhead Theatre, Victoria Road, Louth, LN11 0BX
When - 28th October, 2021
Doors Open - 6.00 pm
Concert Start - 7.00 pm
(Please note: The building MUST be vacated by 22.30 pm)
Tickets cost £5 and can be ordered from Mary by Email (HERE) or by Phone (01472 753862)
The Organisers are looking for a New Lincolnshire Song
1. It must be a new and original song in both lyrics and melody, that has in some way a recognisable Lincolnshire theme or setting.
2. It must not have been submitted to a previous competition or have been published or recorded.
3. Entries MUST be no longer than 4 minutes 30 seconds long. Longer entries will not be accepted.
4. There are no restrictions on instrumentation, which may include voices, acoustic or electric instruments. However, the use of backing tapes on your initial entry or on Finals Night is NOT permitted
5. The performer(s) on each entry DO NOT have to be the composer, but must be the same performer as the one who will perform the song on Finals Night if selected. The choice of performer is at the composer's discretion.
6. Entrants are able to enter up to TWO songs only. Entries submitted online should be entered one song at a time. Entries will not be returned. Entrants should keep their own copy.
7. Performers must be prepared to take part in the Finals Night concert. This Finals Night concert will be held on 28th October, 2021 at the Riverhead Theatre, Victoria Road, Louth, LN11 0BX. Doors will be open from 6.00pm and the concert will begin at 7.00pm. Ticket information is available athe top of this page. The Organisers reserve the right to change these details at short notice or to hold the Finals Night virtually.
8. The Judges decision will be final.
Entries will undergo the following judging process:
Stage 1 : A judging panel of at least three judges will listen to all the entries and will shortlist a maximum of 10 entries to go through to Finals Night.
Stage 2 : A judging panel of at least three independent judges will be present on Finals Night. A key criteria being Lincolnshire Connections this must be recognisable within each song, no matter what the underlying theme of the song is.
Awards will be made for the winning song and the second and third placed songs. A separate prize will be awarded to the performer deemed to have given the best performance of the evening i.e.; 'got the most out of the song' or 'breathed extra life into the song'.
The Deadline for receipt of entries is Friday 27th August 2021.
Complete entries must be submitted either by post to :
Write a Lincolnshire Song for 2021
11 Waterloo Paddock
or online at Write a Lincolnshire Song