1. The Organisers are looking for a previously unpublished, new and original song in both lyrics and melody, that has in some way a recognisable Lincolnshire theme or setting.
2. The Deadline for receipt of entries is midnight on Friday September 1st 2023. Complete entries must be submitted either by post to Write a Lincolnshire Song for 2023, 11 Waterloo Paddock, Leadenham, Lincoln LN5 0QW or online at www.lincolnshiresong.co.uk. Late entries will not be accepted. The Finals Night concert will be held on Thursday 19th October at 7.00 pm. The venue will be the Riverhead Theatre, Victoria Road, Louth, LN11 0BX.
3. There are no restrictions on accompaniment or instrumentation, which may include voices, acoustic or electric instruments. However, the use of backing tapes on your initial entry or on Finals Night is NOT permitted.
4. Entries should be no longer than 4 minutes 30 seconds. Longer entries will not be accepted.
5. Entrants may enter up to TWO songs only. Entries submitted online should be entered one song at a time.
6. Entrants must warrant that their entries are original, entirely their own work and do not infringe any copyright or other third party rights. All songs must be new and should not have been published before.
7. The performer(s) on each entry DO NOT have to be the composer but must be the same performer as the one who will perform the song on Finals Night if selected. The choice of performer is at the composer's discretion.
8. Entries will not be returned. Entrants should keep a copy for their own records.
9. Performers must be prepared to take part in the Finals Night. The Organisers reserve the right to change the date and/or venue at short notice or to hold the finals night virtually.
10. Entries will undergo the following judging process:
* Stage 1
A judging panel will listen to all the entries and will shortlist a maximum of 10 entries to go through to Finals Night.
* Stage 2
A judging panel will be present on Finals Night and will judge each entry on the criteria listed below, a key criterium being Lincolnshire Connections. Recognisable Lincolnshire Connections must feature within each song, no matter what the underlying theme of the song is.
11. The Judges will assess each valid entry in relation to the following criteria:
* Lincolnshire Connections
* Compositional idea
12. Awards will be made for the winning song and the second and third placed songs.
13. The Judges' decision will be final. There will be no communication or discussion concerning the judges' decision.